Common Carpet Beetle Infestation Questions Answered
How do you know if you have a carpet beetle infestation?
- Adults can be found around window frames or at wall floor junctions of skirting boards.
- Damage/bald patches may appear in carpets. Holes in clothes (only natural fibres).
How does AlclearPestControl treat carpet beetles?
- Vacuuming thoroughly by client is essential before treatment.
- Clothes may need to be washed or dry cleaned.
- Residual water based insecticide applied to all areas of concern.
Is treatment safe?.
- All insecticides are applied as per COSHH regulations and should only be used by professional pest controllers.
- Allowing insecticide to dry before going about every day duties at home/office makes treatment 100% safe.
Do carpet beetles return?
- Usually treatments are 100% successful. If source remains beetles may return.
- Being vigilant can help prevent reinfestation.